Trying Small...

"Trying Small" is Liberian English for the best possible way to make change happen....you "try small". ...For those of you who have stuck with me for the past decade or three you know how hard it is for me to keep connected. I suffer from the "Last Mile Problem"...I get there and I work at full speed and then I can't seem to keep going...All the while you are with me 100% of the way. I hope in some way this makes up for that...for the long lag times in between.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspiritation in Cross-Pollinating

As a nurse, I often find myself moved by the resilience of the people and communities who have faced the unthinkable. Every day I am inspired by the generosity of people who offer me their gratitude, a
kind word, or a simple meal. From my volunteer experiences in disaster and post-conflict settings, I have come to realize that health, in all forms, is the key to peace and social justice, both at home and in the developing world.


So, if you have something to share with me...please...please do so....I would love to hear from you and I can almost promise you that I will write back in 3 to 6 months. (just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment